Monday, March 2, 2009

Well, It Didn't Last...

Winter came to visit for a couple of days, then left again, then came back for a teaser a couple of nights ago. Now its just rainy and balmy. Yuck. And speaking of yuck, once again we've been invaded by illness, Isaac has had a fever the past few days, which is another way of saying that Isaac has been extremely clingy the past few days. Add to that, my baby swing broke, so Elias only sleeps I'm "wearing" him in the carrier or sleeping next to him in bed, and my own struggles with a cold, it has been an incredibly trying and exhausting few days. Oh ya, and Travis has been gone most of the time too. He's been skiing, sweat-lodging, and helping our friends paint the interior of their house. So, I have not gotten much done, I'm truly amazed at the extent of filth you learn to live with under these circumstances as it piles up in my house. Top all of that off with this crazy customer I just can't make happy with diapers (why doesn't she just buy from someone else?) and I'm wondering how much longer I have before the white van with padded walls shows up for me. I'm actually looking forward to the scattering of my Dad's ashes this weekend as a vacation (Thanks, Dad) rather than dreading it as a difficult, sad time. At least I get to see family, have some brain-rest while aunts entertain the monkeys, and sleep to the sound of the ocean! Speaking of sleep, if I can shut out the sound of poor stuffed-up Isaac's snoring, that's what I'm going to do now too!

No comments: