Saturday, May 23, 2009

Aaah, Spring...

Well, we've been busy around here playing in the spring weather. The herb box is planted, the main garden is half planted, with the smaller two ready to go, and the new baby chickens are happily pooping away in a box in the living room. Oh, and the back "forty" is a bright green jungle, although it gets less wild every year. The grass is really only getting tall around the school bus, which reminds me of one of my favorite songs..."under my wheels baby, the grass is growing..." Anyways, as usual for this time of year I feel the need to hit the road or the river, and we had hoped to be on the John Day this weekend but didn't have the funds. However, after Travis agreed to loan our raft and gear to a friend without thinking, I made him go along on the trip to make sure our raft made it home in one piece so he is gone for the weekend. Grrr! I need river time! But, today I really enjoyed just playing with the boys, not trying to get any work done, just cherishing the time I have with them while they are small. At least I can take them to the river bank. :)

No comments: