Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Back To The Woods...


The view at the end of the trail after an afternoon of hiking.


Oh so good to be back in the woods!


An amazing root wad. This is as tall as a person!


As a native Oregonian, I find it kind of sad how excited I get over
big trees. But this old guy is impressive!


Unfortunately, this is what you find more often.

It was so nice to spend an afternoon hiking in the woods and it reminded me how easy it is to get out there. Since my car really does get nearly 40 miles to the gallon I've got no excuses for getting the boys out in the woods more often! Thanks Phil for the great idea, and thanks to you and Aunt "Hammie" for playing in the woods with us!

1 comment:

Phil said...

Hey Katie. Thanks for the hike. It was fun. Saved me from being totally sad for going to the cabin twice without getting in any outdoorsey stuff. Unfortunately my pictures ended up being pretty lousy because my camera was on some weird setting and was pretty overexposed. I hate when that happens!