Monday, December 8, 2008

Big news...

Well, my doctor called this evening and said my lab work shows preeclampsia so he offered a pitocin-induced VBAC or a c section. I'm pretty opposed to pitocin under any circumstances, but especially in a VBAC attempt (those extra strong contractions could easily tear a uterus) so c section it is, unless I go into labor before we're scheduled. We could have done it tomorrow am at 7:30, but that was a little too rushed for us so tomorrow I will find out in the morning when the big moment will be, and will let everyone know. Its looking like either sometime Wednesday afternoon, or Thursday. I'm pretty sad to give up the VBAC hope, but above all else I don't want baby ending up in the NICU like Isaac did, don't need a repeat of that trauma! With any luck, baby will just throw a monkey wrench in the plans and arrive naturally tomorrow!

No comments: