Friday, January 23, 2009

Bedtime Adventures...


Giddyup Bojo!





Ok, no one told me this was part of the deal!
I thought we only tortured Bojo around here.
(posted by Eli)

Nights like last night make me wonder how I will ever get through the next two years. Isaac has determined that Daddy can't put him to bed, (basically because whenever Daddy tries, he falls asleep before Isaac, so then Isaac jumps out of bed and comes running back out of his room with delight, pleased with himself for having won.) So, Eli and I have been laying down with Isaac to read him to sleep, but the past two nights, Eli has fallen asleep in Isaac's bed, and then when I move him, he wakes up and refuses to go back to sleep in our bed. (Don't want to leave him in Isaac's bed just yet, he's still a little crushable!) So, last night, just as Eli and I were making our escape from Isaac's bed, Isaac woke up, and then began the adventures. I tried to get Isaac to just go to sleep after I tucked him in and said goodnight, but he wasn't having it so I laid Eli down with Travis and sat with Isaac, but Eli started screaming and I knew Isaac wasn't going to sleep with that noise. So, I tried trading Trav places so I could get Eli back to sleep, and Isaac launched one of his King Kong sized tantrums (haven't had one of those for a LONG time) and he screamed and sobbed for a good half hour. Eli drifted into a light sleep finally, so, I traded Trav places again and tried laying down with Isaac. He wasn't in a hurry to go to sleep after all that of course, and guess what? Eli started screaming again. AAAARRRGGGH! I'm about to melt into tears at this point! So, I drag Isaac out of his bed and toss him into the crib next to our bed, and of course, everyone is asleep within ten minutes. All I can do in moments like these is think of all the attachment parenting stuff I've read and heard, its hard in the first few years but all that extra work makes it easier in the long run when your kids grow older, secure, loved, trusting, and well-adjusted. And I remind myself that most of the time its not this hard, and Thank God it really does get easier pretty quickly!

No comments: