Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hurray! No More Bush!!

This morning I hugged my two boys and watched President Obama take the oath and cheered. I can't deny losing a lot of faith in our country over the years, not just our government but the people who have allowed so many things to happen without raising any concern. I admit that I'm not out on street corners protesting and am guilty instead of just sitting around complaining too. I want my boys to grow up in a world different from that which is currently surrounding us, and while I don't believe our new President can make everything all better, I genuinely feel that his election has brought new hope and energy to the people of this country, and maybe rooting out some apathy will make many things better. While I wouldn't want to fight the crowds, I do wish I could have stood there on the mall to see all those people's faces in person, to feel all that energy! Wow!
I really liked the line in Obama's speech about not exchanging ideals for fear! How many freedoms are we giving up constantly out of fear. Particularly right now I'm thinking about our new "lead law" taking away my freedoms not only to produce and sell diapers but also to buy products made by other small American businesses. Of course, that is heavy on my mind these days! Especially today as I look at our budget again and wonder how we will continue making ends meet without the added income. But, I'm trying to stay positive, knowing there have been some rays of hope for change on this law in the past week or two, and I have hope the new administration will listen to all the people crying out for a revision.
We are feeling pretty motivated right now to search out an old RV to tear apart for parts for our bus. Travis was fortunate enough to meet a guy on a job who is in the process of converting a school bus, and he went to their place to check it out this weekend. I was sad not to go, but my sisters and brother-in-law were here this weekend, for only a short time, so I stayed to visit while I had the chance. Hope to see the bus another time, to see how they are laying their's out. I sit at this computer every day looking out the back door at the bus, just sitting there waiting, my hope for the future. I know, most of you probably think that is really weird, but many of you know that I don't like sitting still for long, and I'm ready to get back on the road! And, I'm ready to stop feeling so strapped down that we don't have any time or money to play together as a family. That 40 foot yellow giant, to me, is our ticket to freedom!
That was a lot of rambling, sorry about that. I promise to get some new pictures posted of the boys soon! Hope you are all doing well, and thanks for all the comments, btw, I love hearing from y'all. Happy Inauguration Day!

No comments: