Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Kid Chaos...

Can you believe my mom actually dressed me like this? (posted by Eli)

So, all you moms out there who did this more than twice, I admire you're courage! I can't really imagine how I will ever get any diapers made with these two boys keeping me busy! Isaac's got a few new tricks up his sleeve these days, including hitting and kicking Eli (super fabulous) and sneaking into our bed every single night around 2:00 am. Last night I got him back to sleep in his own bed twice, and he still came sneaking in! He's figured out that if he doesn't make any sound when he wakes up in his room he can sneak into ours without me getting up to intercept him. Thankfully, we have the crib in our room and I've gotten him to just crawl into there for the rest of the night. Squeezing four into our bed was tight! :) Thankfully, he is still doing excellent with the potty, no more accidents since the first day Eli came home.
Well, its still raining off and on here, yuck! I'm hoping for lots more snow so we can have a long spring ski season. Isaac needs to get on his skis more! (Yep, those are skis he's wearing a few pics back, its never too soon to start!) I'm so ready to get back on mine! Of course, we are too poor for tickets to any of the mountains right now, so it will all be cross country skiing or hiking, but that's okay with me! I just can't wait to do anything in the mountains! Of course, I have to actually get brave enough to leave the house with these two first! Haven't attempted that on my own yet. It just seems like too much! Don't know how you moms with 3+ kids ever go anywhere!
Just a quick note for all you parents out there, a new law has passed and takes effect in February that has to do with the safety of child products. Unfortunately, this law will result in the closing of most second-hand children's shops because it is retroactive, so these shops will either have to test every piece of inventory they have in their shops for lead and other substances, or throw the products away! So, most shops are just planning to close up in February. I don't know about y'all, but I can't afford to buy everything new for my kids, I need these shops! (This includes thrift stores too, btw) And, I don't want to see all that good stuff headed for the landfill! Also, this law might shut me down, as well as all the other work-at-home-moms out there who make diapers and other childrens' products. So, if you feel so inclined, please email your congressmen/senators to change the way this law is written! I can email a link for a form letter if you want. Thanks!

1 comment:

moptop said...

Do you have any links for this new law? It's horrible. Who can afford to clothe their kid without the help of a secondhand shop? And all the work-from-home mommas.

Any idea how this might impact the Etsy community?