Thursday, January 29, 2009

My Giants...

All My Boys.

Storytime with Daddy

A cold walk by the river

Letting the animals out!

Wow, Eli is getting HUGE!! The day before yesterday he weighed in at 11lbs, 10oz's!! He is growing so unbelievably fast, not that I should be all that shocked, Isaac was no different. Isaac surprised us all by weighing in under 40lbs at 36lbs, 8oz's. Thought he was heavier than that! He is over 36" tall though, and still has a giant wrecking ball of a head. Eli is starting to attempt smiles, and it is really cute. Its like he hasn't quite got it yet, so he almost looks like he's grimacing. I'm loving it! He doesn't seem too interested in eye contact though, which is worrisome since they always tell you that's an early warning sign of autism. So, of course, I'm constantly trying to get him to look me in the eye. I'm sure its nothing, but its hard not to worry, guess that's just being a mom.
Well, no real new news on the dumb law, but there is some hope that children's items made from fabrics will be exempt from the law since hundreds of different types of fabrics have been tested and not a single one showed a trace of lead. So, that's good. I'm still trying to just get the word out to people about this law and what its going to do in hopes that they will write to our legislators. I sent a letter into one of the local papers and they published it as the letter of the week which was great because that puts it in a big gray box where hopefully everyone will read it! It seems as though I can at least safely continue to operate until August without any changes to the law, so at least maybe I can work through and sell all of my fabrics, anyways. Thats helpful.

No comments: